Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sweet tasting , sweet tasting...

This morning my taste buds turned wild. I harvested two ripe fruits of the Terap ( Artocarpus odoratissimus Blanco). They came from a tree I planted about three years ago and thus there were not many fruits on the tree just yet. Among the Melanaus of Bintulu the fruit is also called 'Ong Lumok'. And the joke is if you're somewhat bald -headed don't feel offended if someone call you 'Ong Lumok' . The thick soft skin has soft hair-like spikes that are nice to caress. The white fleshy part of the fruit is very sweet . The ripe fruit is very soft and it needs a slight turn of the palm to open it up.


The 3 year old Terap tree I planted at my farm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

have not tasted the terap. the white fleshy part looks so yummy !